Jul 27, 2009

wash my worries away

I woke up this morning for the second day in a row feeling like someone ran me over with a truck. I'm not hungover, but I am tired... exhausted... I stayed up too late and threw off my sleep cycles. I need to go to bed earlier and get up in turn. The problem lies deep in self control and the feeling of need to stay up to lengthen my day. I also am totally into season three of Dexter and must watch as much as I can as soon as I can. I am an addict.

In contrast I have been shooting a fair amount of 35mm film lately. I have an amazing digital camera, but film has so much more depth and character. I never realized that before. I recently purchased an old Rolleicord IV from a local camera shop and have tweaked it to shoot 35mm which allows me to expose the sprocket holes for a neat effect, but in order to develop the film I have to take it to the store, then bring the negatives home and scan them. At the moment my scanner isn't the best at collecting the data it should, in fact it's the worst. I want to experiment a bit with medium format film and maybe buy a different camera to shoot 35. Either way I am going to have to buy another scanner if I want to continue with my own negative scanning.

I also brewed a german pilsner a couple days ago. I believe it will come out very good because I am getting better at the methods involved in brewing and fermenting. The wort was light and clean, the hops finished well and everything went smooth. Though I may have used too much carapils in the grain primary, but only time will tell.

No comments: